We are currently advertising for a Level 1 - 1:1 Teaching Assistant on the EPM website www.epm.co.uk
Level 1 - 1:1 Teaching Assistant
Temporary contract from January 2021 until 31st August 2021
Regular working hours: 9.00am – 3.00pm Monday - Friday (25 hours per week)
Scale C Point 3 £9.62 per hour.
We have a vacancy for a highly motivated teaching assistant to work on a 1:1 basis with an EYFS pupil.
Do you have experience of supporting children with special educational needs in a pre-school or EYFS classroom environment, including those with complex needs?
- Do you have a good understanding of how children learn through play?
- Are you willing to attend to a pupil’s personal needs including social, physical, hygiene and health matters as required?
- Can you establish positive relationships with pupils, offering a calm but firm approach, with empathy for their individual needs?
- Do you have experience of using objects, photos and symbols (PECS) as communication tools?
- Can you use information technology to support learning and record progress?
- Can you work effectively and supportively as a member of the school team?
- The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. (Fluency Duty 2016)
Successful candidates are required to have a good level of Maths and English.
For an application pack please visit our website www.sacredheartprimary.org.uk to download. Visits are welcome after 3.30pm following COVID-19 guidelines. Please contact the school office on 01733 262449 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
Closing date: 12.00noon Friday 8th January 2021
All interviewees will be contacted by email.
Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils and requires all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointment is subject to the receipt of 2 satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS.